Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My first home :)

On September 11th, my sweet fiancé Kyle & I closed on our very first house. As a realtor, I work with people & houses everyday, so buying a house of my own, with my future hubby, was SO exciting. :)


 
 
After Kyle proposed in June we decided we would start keeping our eye open for the perfect house, even though we both wouldn't be moving in together until we get married next summer. Kyle and I looked at just a couple houses together before finding our dream house--- the cutest house ever in Eagle Glen.

 
 
For the past year, I would always text Kyle about a new house I had fallen in love with after showing it--It was starting to get pretty tempting walking through a million houses and not wanting to buy them all, so putting an offer on one was pretty surreal. After we closed we immediately started moving things in, decorating, & turning it into our future home. :) Let me tell you, I know full well that the process of purchasing a house can be stressful at times, we had several delays for closing and a few speed bumps along the way, but the end result is SO worth it & SO fun!!



 
The first night my brother in law Scott & sister Bridget came over to help us with some things. This is how men hang curtains ;) The perks of having a 6'7 fiancé. He's my favorite!
 
 
The next day my other sister, Brittany & brother in law Pat came over to help & brought the best house warming gift. An "F" for Fillman (my new last name in 8.5 months) & some Starbucks, doesn't get much better than that.


 
We started making it as cozy as possible, and I have to say, that once I lay down on our couch, I never want to get up, haha! :)





If you've never bought a house, you should, because it is SO darn fun. ;) Weekly house shopping trips have become my favorite thing & building a future home with my sweetheart is a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment