Monday, January 11, 2016

Simple DIY



Until purchasing my house in September, I had zero desire to be creative, decorative, or pinterest-y at all. That was never really my thing;) Becoming a homeowner has totally changed that though. I still am not a DIY type person, but I LOVE doing new things to my house. Since I work with first time home buyers frequently, and home buyers in general, I thought it would be fun to start sharing some things I am learning and have done since becoming a homeowner.




Today's post is about hardware. Like a lot of first time home buyers... my fiancé, Kyle, and I had a couple pieces of furniture that were handed down to us. Kyle had a nice dresser and night stand in his room growing up and we decided to keep them since they were in good condition and to save some money:) When getting them in our light colored room however, the dark handles stuck out to me like a sore thumb!
 
 
 
 
 
I contemplated whether or not I wanted to paint the pieces, but decided it would be easier to first try switching out the hardware. :) I went to Lowes, spent around $50 on new handles for both the nightstand and dresser, and then went home to switch them all out. It was super quick unscrewing the old hardware and switching it out with the new. Once it was completed I was so surprised at how much of a difference it made! The chrome hardware blended so well with the rest of our room and really tied it together.
 
 
 
 
 
So far this is about as DIY as I've gotten, but still such an inexpensive and simple solution to updating furniture!! :) So if you are a newbie like me, and wanting to spruce up some old furniture, here's a good place to start :)
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This was a brilliant idea- everything looks so great!!! Great job, Stace!

    ReplyDelete